Facebook Ads Connector

Lawrence Brown shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

I've recently tried to set up the Facebook Ad connector, it seemed to work fine saying the test connection was OK and created the pre-built content (views, reports & dashboards) with no problem.

All the reports on the dashboards display the following message.

"Third Party Data Source Error

Please wait while the database is being populated."

It has been 24 hours since the connection was created so presuming something has gone wrong. We've done this process twice with same results and also tried to create a report manually.

We're running 7.35 on Windows, with YF installed on SQL Server DB.

Many thanks,

Lawrence

Replies (11)

photo

Hello Lawrence,

Thanks for reaching out with the issue you're having. What you're experiencing is a logged defect with the Facebook Ads Connector. I've added this post to the notification list, and will keep it updated with further information regarding a fix.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Hope all is well, is there any update on the Facebook Ads connectors.

I've got two potential clients looking to use this so would like to be able to go back to them with timescales for a fix.

Our YF instance has been updated to the latest version of 7.35 and have re-installed the latest Facebook Ad connector but still getting the same message as above.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence

photo

Hello Lawrence,

At present I don't have an ETA on the fix for this Defect. Rest assured that I will not forget to update the status of this post once it is resolved. In the meantime, I've increased the priority of this Defect and will let you know as soon as I have more information. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

FYI, the Facebook Ads connector has been working (and I have one implementation working) but it appears not to be working again.

Did you ever get the fix implemented?

We recently updated to the 4th August patch but still isn't working.

Any update with timescales would be appreciated.

Regards,

Lawrence

photo

Hello Lawrence,

I don't have an ETA on a fix for this Connector at present. Rest assured that I will post an update here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

I've talked to my account manager at yf and they have managed to get a fix for the connector. Thanks for your help, I do have one question to confirm if possible.

We are a little confused as to what the permissions are to get access to the facebook ads data, could you confirm with the dev team please? My Facebook has access to multiple pages with paid ads and and ad manager, however only one of them is bringing data through.

Any advice or information where to look would be much appreciated.

photo

Hello Lawrence,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this will have to be discerned from the Facebook Ads API Documentation, as we only provide the connection to it. The configuration of access will be done through your Facebook Ads API interface.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. Do you know if there is a fix for this issue?

Thanks

photo

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for checking in on this. This turned out to be an issue with finishing the Facebook Ads setup on my test account. Afterwards it worked as expected. If you find that this is not the case, please submit a new ticket to Support for analysis.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

I'm not sure this is my case. I submitted a new ticket.

However, how did you finish the setup? maybe that could help me.

Thanks,

Ignacio

photo

Hi Ignacio,

I used the following page to finish the Ads setup. I can see you have an on-going ticket regarding the issue. Please keep that ticket updated with your efforts.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file