Refresh all cached filter values

Melissa Baldwin shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

In the past I remember there was a JSP to refresh all the filter caches for all reports. I dont remember it working for me (YF7), but it was there.

Is there some utility in YF9.6 to perform this Admin task on all reports in a YF instance? Almost all our reports have manual filter cache refreshes. is there some DB command I can run on the 9.6 YF DB to force this refresh?

Replies (3)

photo

also...most of our reports have custom sql queries that pull from smaller tables with distinct metadata values use for filters, not from the view itself.

photo

Hey Melissa,

At this point in time there is not utility in the UI or DB option to refresh manually cached filters. What I have done is converted this question into a product idea so this can be reviewed by the product team for a future release.

At the same time, you are correct in that there is a way to do this (as with most admin functions) via our web service calls. In this instance what you're after is this REFRESH_VIEW_CACHED_FILTERS . What this allows you to do is enter a ViewID and then have all the cached filters for that view (including any report level cached filters) to refresh.

I have created a working (albeit simple) .jsp as an example which I've tested as working in 9.6, you just need to modify to match you're environment before running. PLEASE ensure you understand this will refresh ALL filters against that view, which means it can slow down you're system during this process.

As always please let me know if there was anything else you were after that I could assist with.

Regards,

David

photo

ok yea i saw the WS example for this in the tomcat folder. I'll take a look at your JSP, but I'll probably just export then reimport (with replace) the reports to get the updated caches. I do need to update some reports anyway.

photo

No problems Melissa!Keep in mind an import and replace is quite a big process for something that is easily handled via the report. While it may be ok for you in this instance, you also need to be aware of any broadcast/filter set/bookmarks etc.. which will be impacted by an import. So recommended approach should be as follows;

1. Web Service calls

2. Manually via UI

10. Import and Replace.

...either way I'm sure you will sort it out, though keep in mind for next time ;)

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file