YellowFin deletes the negative sign when entering numbers <0

anqi shared this problem 2 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi

In cases where I am entering a <0 number into a entry textbox in YellowFin, e.g. I want to set conditional format to red if numbers are below -0.5, YellowFin auto deletes the negative sign when i type out "-" and then "0" immediately after. So I have to type in 0.5 and then go back to the front to put in the "-" sign. Is there a way for YellowFin to not auto delete the "-" sign?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Emily,

Thanks for reaching out. There is no way to change this behavior, but what I can do is change this Question to an Idea item, then submit an internal enhancement request for this. Is that something you would like me to do?

Regards,

Mike

photo

yes please thank you

photo

Hi Emily,

Sounds good! I've gone ahead and changed this to an Idea item and submitted an internal enhancement request. Any potential updates surrounding this idea will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Emily,

After further discussion I believe this is a product defect as clearly the - is supported, just not handled correctly when first entering.

I'll keep you posted on further updates, though at this point in time you will need to revert to your workaround .

Please let us know if there was anything else I could help you with in the meantime.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Emily,

Just wanted to let you know that this task has now been completed and included in the latest 9.7.1 release.

Would love to get confirmation your issue has been resolved with the latest release, so please let me know how it all goes post update, and of course reach out if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file