Cannot set child filter as 'Reference Code' when a parent filter has been set

anqi shared this problem 2 years ago
Defect Logged

Hi

When creating filter group in the View, filters can be sorted by reference code (Value List Setup --> Reference code (pic 1 below)

/e62cf3f386ce2f3685fe0b6357841f1f

However, if I have a filter with a parent link, then the Value List Setup does not have Reference Code to select (pic 2 below). Is there another way to show those filers (child filters) sorted in a specific code specified in Reference code? thanks

/bd8ca4522694dc1af6890f13e9882c79

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Emily, thanks for the screens!

Firstly, I'm able to replicate your scenario which I agree is a little strange and suspect it's related to some UI in consistencies which we can address in a future release.

However in the interim, I think there is a way for you to achieve what you're after. Here is what I did;

1. At the view level ensured my field was formatted as 'reference code'

/4ee339f8b72ecd9e7fbc24696af4274c

2. Now in the report, that field is formatted s a reference code, whether or not it was used as a filter;

/1f0aef14657024b8c44be29678b880c8

3. If I now set up the dependency, the values are shown as a reference values, and also sorted the same

/6fb18abc045c60cdf9ca47395f98b9c0

Can you confirm this works for you? (I'm using 9.6.1, just in case there are some differences with my steps).

Thanks,

David

photo

thanks David

though because I used a filter group, in the report, I can't click into the specific filters. Is there another way around it? thanks

/3dd4a14d5c98035e8faf74e23e985a80

photo

Sorry I completely missed that Emily!

Ok I did the same at the view level, which almost worked (as you can set the filter format there) however once I set it all up, the report starting giving me errors.

Unfortunately I don't see a way around this with view level filters.

I have since converted this to a problem (and updated the title) as this will need to be addressed by a future product release.

So when it comes down to it, you can only get around this with report level filters, I wish I better news for you Emily!

I will however keep you posted on any further updates regarding this task.

Please reach out in the meantime if there was anything else you were after.

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file