Is it possible to automatically set up data interactions link?

Dillon Hoefener shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

I know there is an automatic filter linking toggle that will link filters when reports are added to a dashboard, but is there a function that enables the automatic linking of data interaction filters?

My question is prompted by the fact that I have a very large dashboard with multiple sub tabs containing reports that have a drill-down hierarchy 10 levels deep that is tied to 9 other reports on every tab, so it is a very tedious process to set these up in the UI.

If not, I'd like to request this as an enhancement. I'm thinking an option in the same section of the dashboard pane with automatic filter linking. A toggle for "automatic data interactions", and an option to select what data interactions should be automatically set such as filters vs drill downs, brushing, etc.

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Dillon,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue. This sounds like a really good idea for an enhancement, so I'll get it submitted... if it doesn't already exist. Initial searches don't yield anything, but it feels like this would have been requested at least once at some point... I'll follow up shortly. I don't think this is a situation where there'd be a potential workaround though, unfortunately. You could ask Nathan haha!

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Haha, thanks Eric. I assumed someone would have asked for this before me too.

photo

Hi Dillon,

Thanks for the confirmation here. I've gone ahead and created a request for developers to look into implementing this potential functionality in a future version of the softare. I've included your organization as an affected client, and attached this ticket to the task. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll in turn mark this as Idea Logged for now, feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file