Field names in Signals

Shawn Son shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

We have some field names that are the same but are for different tables in Yellowfin. The issue is when creating Signals, all the fields in the view are listed without the table names so it'd hard to tell which one is which.

I am wondering if there are others with similar challenges and what your solutions were. Our workaround is to update the field names in the view and go back to Signals. but instead, I am hoping YF can bucketize the fields by table in the Signals.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue. I think I know exactly what you're talking about, but could I ask for a really big favor? Could you attach a screenshot showing the field chooser with some duplicate entries? I can get this to devs to look at, but I don't have signals set up and am super busy holding down North America solo today.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thanks Eric. Here is a screenshot. Let me know if you need anything else.

/aecc8fab13c3684df06df02a56deb866

photo

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your help with that, it's greatly appreciated! I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into implementing this functionality in a future version of the software. I've added your organization as an affected client, and attached this ticket to the task for tracking purposes. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. Also, we like to keep a list of "priority" enhancements for clients, so let me know if you'd like to add this one to your "top five" for example and I can forward this to your account manager for extra visibility. I'll in turn mark this thread as Idea Logged for now, feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file