Is there a way to make changes to a calculated field without undoing the whole formula?

anqi shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi - for calculated fields that is embedded aggregation (ie. cant use freehand sql), is there a way to edit the formula without undoing all the components?

e.g. i want to do (column A / column B) x 100, but when i set the formula up - I selected column A / Column B and realized i forgot to add the ( at the beginning. Is there a way to just go to the front and add the ( to Column A and not have to undo the / and Column B?

Thanks

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Emily,

Thanks for reaching out. This isn't currently possible, but there is a pre-existing Idea item logged that you can reference here.

I've gone ahead and added you to the list of clients looking for this functionality in the internal enhancement request, but please follow the above linked item for any potential updates surrounding this request.

Regards,

Mike

photo

okay, thanks. Seems like that last update was in 2019. Has there any upgrades since then? thanks

photo

Hi Emily,

There are no further updates at this time, but I've gone ahead and requested one in the task. When we receive one in the task I will be sure to update the linked Idea item with said update.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Great thanks

photo

Hi Emily,

You're welcome! Please follow the Idea item for any potential future updates.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Please add me to the list of clients looking for this functionality in the internal enhancement request.

photo

Hello Andy,

I have added you to the Idea here, https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/ability-to-edit-individual-fields-in-simple-calculated-field-editor

That will get updated with progress on the enhancement.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Happy Holidays!

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file