System Task Schedule

Brendan Codrington shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

We've noticed our system tasks all run at 10am AEST (Midnight GMT) and despite changing the local run time from 0 to a range of times (from 2pm GMT, see third column below - TaskSchedule.ScheduledLocalRunTime) they still run at 10am. We regularly see performance issues at this time and are trying to eliminate possible causes.

/0edef7ff589072856a9b50e3a9b10cd1

Do we potentially need to restart the server for the intended schedule to take affect, do we need to update another parameter, or have we misinterpreted how the local run time works?

Thanks,

Brendan

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. Any changes that have been made in the database generally require a restart for Yellowfin to pick up these new values. If restarting Yellowfin does not result in the changes being applied, please let me know and we can look to investigate further

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hey Neal, thanks for confirming. Mick and I will test that and get back to you if needed.

Cheesr,

Brendan

photo

Hey Brendan,

No worries. I'll close this off but let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal, apologies for reopening but we're still trying to get our head around the adjusted schedules and the relationship between scheduled local run time and last run time. According to this page (https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-to-configure-the-eventarchive-time_1) scheduled time is in local time and last run time is in GMT.

Our schedules have various scheduled local run times but all run at 10am - it's as if the local run time has no bearing and they still run at midnight GMT regardless:

/02447d94cdd66f87e00a6222d7d69a34

If the last run time above is GMT then it means these ran at 8pm last night, but that wouldn't that require a local run time (with the server set to AEST) showing as 72000 above? It doesn't seem to run the schedules as per the config.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for letting me know. Can you confirm the version of Yellowfin this issue is being seen with and I will do some testing and follow up with our devs on this as I suspect there is either a bug or some other config change I have not been able to track down.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Thanks Neal - this is on 9.3.1

If it helps, here's the latest system task data after we set the local run times to after midnight our time / 2pm GMT. Here the last run time and local run time values are close but not exact, and don't reflect a difference between GMT and AEST. It seems more like local run time is in GMT too but is a general guide only.

/045d885a32cb63dc88db1109a9591f48

photo

Hi Brendan,

Apologies, I had the wrong information. Digging further into this the SystemTasks do not use the ScheduledLocalRunTime column like the others. It uses a combination of the LastRunGMTDateTime, LastRunDate and the LastRunTime columns. So to achieve what you are looking for, you would need to update the LastRunGMTDateTime to Yesterdays date and the GMTTime you want the schedule to run, as well as the LastRunTime to the same time in seconds . Here is an example that I tested today:

Set LastRunGMTDateTime, LastRunDate and LastRunTime to yesterdays GMTTime that I would want it to run. For me this was 12:35pm or 02:35am GMT:

/f9a6dd2480c0c4ca9e977e6c7df4995d

Table result after execution of the task at 12:35pm AEST:

/cb977650980cccd997b632f638d690b4

Hopefully this will allow you to schedule these as needed. Please set the ScheduledLocalRunTime back to 0 as well.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal, an update on this. Mick found that by setting it to the relevant time in the past it would then run the schedule straight away (as if it has been missed) and thus overwrite the last run time that had just been entered in order to set a new schedule.

So we entered the future schedule as the last run date/time and this successfully ran the schedule overnight last night at the desired time.

Happy to close this ticket off, thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

Thank you for the update and I am glad to hear you have been able to get this working as required.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file