Append Columns in CSV

Pratap Singh shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

Just want to check about the feasibility of adding few more columns to the already created view from the CSV file.

Suppose I have created some reports and dashboard based on a CSV dataset,

now 2 more columns are required, what is the feasibility to do that?

I can only see Append and Modify options which don't allow to add extra columns.

Thanks

Pratap

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Pratap,

Thanks for contacting Yellowfin!

If you'd like to add some columns to a CSV view, you'll have to add them in the data source that you've elected to store the view, it's not possible to do it via the GUI.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

How to identify the exact table name

/9761d9c5cbb057a40d082e224e1b40c0

Adding a new column in CSV is a common case I suppose, There should be an option to do that from GUI itself.

It is not possible by someone not having access to a database or don't know much about SQL.

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

photo

I have added 2 columns at the backend to datasource but these are not reflecting on the CSV level.only any update in existing columns are reflecting.

photo

Hi Pratap,

Apologies, I've looked into this some more and I believe you can append additional data via a CSV to the existing data. On our CSV import article on the Wiki, there is a section entitled Add Data which should explain the process.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

That "Append" mentioned in the article is to append the rows not columns.

And I need to append additional columns from CSV.

Thanks & Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

You could also try the overwrite method instead, which will replace the existing data with your modified set from the new CSV. Does that work for you?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Yes, I understand that,

but Modify option also doesn't allow you to add extra columns.

It will just update existing data if any changes are made.

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

Can I ask how you would like to see this implemented? I.e. with an option to add additional data columns in the view builder itself?

Then I could raise an enhancement request for this feature.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Pratap,

I've created a new post for this enhancement and will convert this Question to an Idea so that it can be voted upon by other Community members.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file