Ability to set a global Reference Line default value

anqi shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi

When building charts in YellowFin reports, is there a way to set where the horizontal axis line should cross on the vertical axis e.g. I want to have the horizontal axis line be where vertical axis is 0. I think YellowFin defaults to always show the horizontal axis is always shown at the lowest value of the vertical axis.

/723545153c1df4a15307b7dbd1523c92

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Emily,

Thanks for reaching out. You can manually set a Reference Line, which I believe may be what you're looking for.

If you head into Axis in the Charts section, then head to the Vertical Axis, you can set the Reference Line like so:

/015189dbd6547e6758537493c1b66b9b

Here I turned off the label and made the line black so as to mimic the screenshot you've provided.

This is the output:

/f29e4ed4ab6c7a94e4e3ebf0ac6742e0

Is this what you were looking for?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Yes, though would there be a way to create configuration default to always have 1 reference line create at the 0 mark for all graphs? This would be very helpful for graphs that are growth related as example where the numbers can be negative

photo

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your response. There is no way to globally configure a Reference Line value. I can submit an Idea for this, however. Please confirm and I can go ahead and submit that.

Regards,

Mike

photo

yes please thanks

photo

Hi Emily,

Great! I've gone ahead and submitted an enhancement request for this and changed this to an Idea item with the title of "Ability to set a global Reference Line default value".

Any potential updates surrounding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file