Oracle Database High Availability on Veritas Cluster- Remedy Smart Reporting/ YellowFin BI

Diwanshu Khatri shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Dear Team,

We have below request from On-prem Customer for BMC Remedy Smart Reporting 20.02 version (8.0.4 Built 20200121)-

We have planned to deploy below application in High availability mode-

Remedy Smart Reporting/ YellowFin BI

For above application Oracle 19c Database in High availability is considered.

For HA, Customer is going to use Veritas Cluster for Oracle DB.

Please let us know if Oracle DB configured on Veritas Cluster is supported for listed BMC Remedy Smart Reporting?

Note : Keep the severity on this ticket to HIGH as we have to design signoff on priority.

In our R&D lab, we haven’t tested with Veritas Cluster for Oracle DB, however as per my understanding, I presume Smart Reporting should support, however we have dependency on Yellowfin as well so just wanted to confirm if Yellowfin platform also adheres to this cluster type?

Kindly confirm if this is tested/ supported by Yellowfin so that we will communicate the same to Customer accordingly. Thanks in advance for your quick help!

Best Regards,

Diwanshu K

+91 8888698150

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Team,

Can someone please acknowledge this request?

Thanks,

Diwanshu K

+91 8888698150

photo

Hi Diwanshu,

Apologies for the delay. I am not aware of any clients that are currently using this or any testing that has occurred at our end for this. I will reach out to the wider teams to see if there has been a successful setup using Veritas Cluster for Oracle DB and come back to you early next week.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hello Neal,

Thanks much for your response on this request. Sure, we will wait for your feedback early next week. Thank you and have a great weekend, Cheers!

Best Regards,

Diwanshu K

+91 8888698150

photo

Hello Neal,

I just wanted to touch-base with you to check if you have any further updates form your teams internally?

Appreciate your quick response here as end customer is awaiting for this information.

Best Regards,

Diwanshu K

+91 8888698150

photo

Hi Diwanshu,

Apologies for the delay. I have not been able to find anyone who has tested this internally or with our clients so I cannot confirm that it will work. If you have access to a Veritas Cluster and are able to test please let us know the outcome.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Thanks much for your update.

In that case, we don't have a concreate answer if this will work or not, so let's see. Will communicate the end customer accordingly.

We can close this for now if their is nothing much we can do further. Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Diwanshu K

photo

Hi Diwanshu,

No worries, please do let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file