Snapshot function is absent when bookmark function is available

Christina Keall shared this problem 2 years ago
Resolved

I've added permission for user to add bookmarks and take snapshots, but the snapshot function has not appeared, while the bookmark feature has. Snapshot is an important feature for our users.

Replies (1)

photo

Hey Christina,

I hope you are well & had a lovely weekend!

All you need to do, to enable the snapshot function, is to select 'keep historical versions' in the content folder - I have created a small example below

1. Here is my agency sales report without the snapshot feature -

dc05207ea4223f6ba0ff2ef8746d8f18

2. I then navigated to the sub-folder where this report is save in > selected Advanced settings when editing the folder > selected Keep Historical Versions -

87253a7fd1f675ceeb76836d9850bc18

3. I then went back to the Agency sales report and the snapshot feature is now available to use -

48eaf9f61521ad35e11037262ff06a54

I hope this helps!

Let me know if not, or if you have any further questions - I am happy to help :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thank you Lesley, this worked for me, and I can now see the snapshot feature on the reports in the folder I updated with the new setting. I have quite a lot of clients in our setup, so I was wondering if there was a way to set this as the default for all customer folders, or to bulk change?

photo

Hey Christina,

I am pleased that worked for you :)

May I ask what version of yellowfin you are currently running?

I only ask because, I believe now in the later releases of yellowfin, it is the default to have the 'keep historical versions' enabled

Other than that, however, I do not believe there is another way to change this other than through the folder on the UI - this particular setting is hardcoded in & not something we can manipulate via the DB, I am sorry to say.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thanks, we are on 9.6.0

photo

Hey Christina,

I hope you are well!

I have actually just tested this, and it seems I was misinformed. Creating a new content folder will not have the 'keep historical versions' enabled by default.

Unfortunately, this does mean that during creation, this will need to be enabled manually

I am sorry if this is not the update you were hoping for!

Please let me know if you have any further questions - I will be happy to help

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Christina,

I hope you are well!

As I have not had a response to my last reply, I will go ahead and mark this ticket as answered.

Though, if you do have any further questions about this, feel free to reopen the ticket - I am happy to help :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file