Custom predefined date periods for filters

Dillon Hoefener shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Is it possible to customize the list of predefined date periods available for the user to select when selecting from a list? We have a large dataset being used and would like to restrict the available options to only a few (ex: only show - last 3 days, last 7 days, last 4 weeks).

Also, is it possible to add a custom date period to this list? If so, can you please point me toward documentation on this? I haven't been able to find anything in the wiki/community.

Thanks

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Dillon,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question. Can you check this Idea post out and let me know if this accurately frame what you're looking for? If so, we do indeed have a dev task that aims to allow customization of these predefined date periods. You can "like and subscribe" to this Idea post for additional visibility and updates in that case.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/additional-options-for-pre-defined-date-filter-values

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Looks like that post covers the request to add custom predefined date filters, but does not cover my first question.

There are many options for the LOV for pre-defined date periods that are exposed to the user if I set the filter up as a user prompt with predefined dates. Is it possible currently to just narrow the list of options to a few specific ones? See screenshot, but I only want to display 3 of these options to the user.

photo

Hi Dillon,

So it sounds like the solution here would be to have an option in the application to remove or add pre-defined date period filter values? Per report?

The "predefined periods list" is hard-coded into the application currently; there's no way to adjust these listings at this time unfortunately. That's what the developer task aims to achieve though. I can update the task to your specific scenario of the ability to remove filters, whether individually or in bulk (like by client org or group), depending on your requirements. Does that sound like the right way forward here?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

That does sound like what I'm after.

Thanks

photo

Hi DIllon,

Thanks for confirming that for me. I've gone ahead and added your organization as an affected client to the task. Updates will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this ticket as Idea Logged for now. Feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file