report restore via data model reportheader reportstatuscode ARCHIVED to OPEN missing contents

Martin Eikelboom shared this problem 2 years ago
Resolved

A report needs to be restored but the backup of the database is not available anymore.

From Yellowin support I received the following intructions to alter reportstatuscode from ARCHIVED to OPEN.

update reportheader set reportstatuscode = 'OPEN' where reportname = "report name"

This results in that the report is visible, but the report contains no fields, no calculated fields, no columns etc. So only the report is back, but is essentially useless.

Does anyone know how to get the rest of the report back?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Martin,

Was this a public or private report? Do you know when it was deleted?

When a report is set to Private in the UI, the corresponding report generates a new entry in the accesslevel table, which looks like this:

/8096265c0e78e60dc0330f1a21d3ce90

You'll want to match up your ReportId from the reportheader table with the EntityId in this table and change the AccessGroupId to the user or group you want to have access to the report.

If the report contains subqueries, then unfortunately there is no way to restore it. However, we do have an enhancement request for this to be considered in the future.

Let me know if that helps or answers your question.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks Chris for your response. This was a public report. it is presumed that the reports dissappeared due to configuration in userSync.properties file.

it was:

add.job.enabled=true

delete.job.enabled=true

Support suggested this.

1. set following lines to false:

add.job.enabled=false

delete.job.enabled=false

2. Restart Smart Reporting service.

But this does not get the reports back including contents.

Question is, why suggest to alter "reportstatuscode" when it restores reports back with zero configuration. There must be some other tables reliant on this "reportheader" table. But what ones.

regards, Martin

photo

Hi Martin,

If the report was not very complex then it may be easier to rebuild it. If it had subqueries, then those will be unfortunately be lost.

Are you able to contact your provider, VisionBI, in relation to this problem?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris.

its not really the point if it is easy or not, and in our case we lost reports with complex Calculated Fields, but whether it is technically possible recover data. I have a case running via BMC Software and Yellowfin, and a web based meeting is being arranged to look into this issue. I think someone is going to tell me that the recovery step by altering 1 data field from ARCHIVE to OPEN does not recover the whole report. I am hoping that Yellowfin will say that more steps are needed.

So I am hoping that Yellowfin support will have knowledge of the data model to fix this.

regards, Martin

photo

Hi Martin,

We can certainly take a deeper look into this if requested by BMC. The standard method of changing the report status does usually work for most reports, so your case would take a little digging.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Martin,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file