Week start day as Monday

Ullar Unt shared this problem 2 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

Have a question regarding weekday starting as Monday, is there any solution for that already (https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/week-start-date-not-obeying-week-start-day-setting)?

Best regards,Üllar Unt

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Üllar,

Thanks for reaching out. The week start day can be configured from Administration > Configuration > Region > Time & Date Settings > Week Start Day section:

/fbf718ccc8e7b4a31fb3ff87e4a462c3

Please let me know how goes and whether you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks. Shouldn't it apply to the filter values only? It is not using the global preference in the week start date function, is it?

Üllar

photo

Hi Üllar,

This setting will apply to predefined date filters, which refers to these options:

/94d248ad9156231b792efca96ec941c8

Monday will be the default for business weeks. Where are you looking in the application where you are seeing a different value for starting weekday?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks, yes, those will be applied there. The issue will be present when trying to create a date function - week start date.

Üllar

photo

Hi Üllar,

Thanks for your response. I see. If it's the Week Start Date you're looking at then the same thing remains as in the ticket you referenced earlier: the underlying function is referencing a DAYOFWEEK DB function. As such, you would need to change the field to something along the lines of a Start Date + 1 Day to achieve what you are looking for. I can see an internal enhancement request was created, by no corresponding public idea item. I've gone ahead and generated one that you can reference here.

Please follow this Idea item for any potential future updates and let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Ullar,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Currently, I'm waiting for Yellowfin to get a solution for that. Any updates?

Üllar

photo

Hi Ullar,

There isn't further updates, I just wanted to confirm you saw my response to check out the idea corresponding to this. As such, I will close out this ticket, and please follow the Idea item I referenced here for any future potential updates.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file