Extend Push Report Wait Time - Urgent

YangyangCai shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi Team,

Hope you are having a good day today.

One of our client occurs a issue that they make a daily report, which is a big report and would take more than 2 mins to load. Because the performance issue, the push report shows report execution was cancelled error, along with a big sad face :(.

/8XaAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

My question is that is there any place we could extend the wait time for push report? Then push report could send through successfully after the whole report is loaded rather than the error message?

Much appreciate you help.

Regards,

Nancy

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Nancy,

Looks like what you're facing may actually be something that has since been fixed.

Can you please let me know the following;

-What version & build of Yellowfin are you using? E.g 7.2 November 2016.

-Does this report work ok from the browse page?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

We use 7.2 20160727 build.

And this report does not work from the browse page, it shows the same error. But when I select individual branch or department, the report runs good.

Regards,

Nancy

photo

Hi Nancy, ok, so the report is taking too long to return, so the database seems to be killing the connection. Now this could be YF killing the connection, or the underlying data warehouse.

Only way to confirm is to look at the Yellowfin logs (located under yellowfin\appsever\logs)

However it's possible that it could be a matter of configuring your Yellowfin Data Source timeout period.

Can you try the timeout first, and if that doesn't work, shoot across your logs and I'll convert this to a private ticket.

Thanks,

David

photo
photo

Hi Nancy,

Just checking in on this, have you managed to modify the connection settings and get the report running?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Nancy,

Just checking in on this, have you managed to modify the connection settings and get the report running?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Nancy,

Hope you're having a good week.

I'm going to close down this topic due to inactivity, however can always visit at a later date if need be.

Thanks,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file