Have few questions

Kota, Aruna Kumari shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

1. Oracle has introduced Many Analytical Functions such as ROW_NUMBER, RANK, FETCH FIRST N Rows etc. but Recent Yellowfin Version does not Support. Why?

2. Why EXIST/Not Exist Clause are not used by Yellowfin ?

Regards,

Aruna

Replies (5)

photo

Hi,

1. For Ex,

select * from

( select *

from the_table

order by object_id )

where rownum <= 10;

The above query can replace by

select *

from the_table

order by object_id

fetch first 10 rows only;

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

Hope you're doing well!

I'll have to approach the dev team with these questions to hopefully get some answers for you. It may take a few days depending on their availability. If you're referring to using those functions as part of the standard query SQL, I suspect it is due to Yellowfin needing to work with multiple different database types, some of which won't support those functions. Have you tried using the functions in a freehand SQL calculated field?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Aruna

We have an enhancement request open for this feature, so I've added your support to it and will reference it here.

If you're happy with that, I'll mark this as enhancement logged!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Sure.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

Because freehand sql doesn't allow for aggregations to be used, an alternative is using custom functions in YF.

How to create them is described here:

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Custom+Functions

I use them often for things like ROW_NUMBER, RANK and other WINDOW functions, but also for things like ABS (absolute value).

When creating the function you can also indicate to which database types it applies.

Functions need to be added to the custom-functions.xml file after which a restart of yellowin is required.

After that they will show up under the pre-defined formula type when you create a calculated field

/aa556c0b1b7ee5e224f782261edc09bc

Kind Regards,

Jaromir

Leave a Comment

Attach a file