JIRA Connector

Casper Badenhorst shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I was watching the video on JSON Connectors and notices a JIRA Core connector on the video. Is this available? We have a JIRA Cloud instance and need to get reporting from it but if JSON is the best method, please can we get some direction?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Casper,

I hope all is well,

As it stands Yellowfin does not have a Jira Connector available within our Marketplace. However a connector does exist see here although this is through a third party supplier. This will allow you to add the connector and use a Generic JDBC driver to get access to your Jira instance.

With this Casper I have also questioned with the wider team where we stand with Jira Connectors going forward... Can I also ask for a link to the video you mentioned.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Casper,

I hope all is well,

As it stands Yellowfin does not have a Jira Connector available within our Marketplace. However a connector does exist see here although this is through a third party supplier. This will allow you to add the connector and use a Generic JDBC driver to get access to your Jira instance.

With this Casper I have also questioned with the wider team where we stand with Jira Connectors going forward... Can I also ask for a link to the video you mentioned.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark.

We have been able to connect with the JSON connector however, having a JDBC type connector would definitely make it easier. I will have a look at the 3rd Party connector in the meantime.

As for the Link, this is packaged with the JSON connector which can be viewed during setup process. Here is the YouTube URL: https://youtu.be/67Hp-W-PiJU - This can be seen at 33s

Thanks

Casper

photo

Hi Casper,

Thank you for getting back to me, if you could take a look then that would be great, hopefully that can be set up at your end and working as you would want it... Going forward shall I mark this ticket as Awaiting Reply to await feedback from yourself? or shall we go ahead and mark this as Completed?

Let me know.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Casper,

I hope all is well,

I know it's only been 2 days since my last response, however I just want to touch base to see if we are good to go ahead and mark this Question as Answered of if you require any further assistance. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Yes, let's close it. In short, both the json connector and the 3rd party jdbc connector works - there is a limit though on the amount of records being returned by the json connector that is controlled by the server from where the data is retrieved which will ultimately influence which connector type we use. Appreciate the support.

Casper

photo

Hi Casper,

Thank you for getting back to me and I appreciate you going to the effort of giving us additional feedback with regards to your findings for said connector. With this I will close as instructed. Once again thank you.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file