In-List values not showing when using a predefined date period

Charles England shared this problem 2 years ago
Resolved

On a virgin install of 8.0.10 on to a windows server using all the install defaults.

Drag "Booking status" in as a column and in to the Filter box then click on advanced filter

You will see that as default it will show an "In List" filter where if you click on the funnel it shows you the 2 values.

If you then drag in "Start Date" to the advanced filter and then define the value to be a "pre-defined period" of "last 12 weeks" the list values for "booking status" are no longer available and an empty box is shown.

This has only happened since moving to 8.0.10 from 8.0.4 and still works on 8.0.4 and has unfortunately broken a lot of our reports.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Charles,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. I have been able to replicate your issue and I have raised this with our developers for further investigation. I am unsure at this time if it is a bug or if it was a decision to change the behaviour, but I will keep you updated via this ticket.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Charles,

I must have missed a change in the 8.0.10 release. To get these values back, please check the Allow Prompt and Display All Filter Values as shown below:

/2f10ba9ce14c95169690dbaec7cec317

And this should resolve your issue.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Thank you that has brought the values back. Is there a way to change this so that we don't have to do this on every broken report? or is there a global change we can make at the database level to put that feature back?

photo

Hi Charles,

I will be investigating this further as there are a few permutations that need to be considered before I can say for sure it will be possible with a query. I will come back to you tomorrow with an update.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Charles,

I have been informed that you are a customer of DSCallards who have raised this issue as well on your behalf, and as such I will need to liaise directly with them on the next steps as per our support agreements. I have passed on the queries for this, noting that a backup of the Yellowfin database must be taken prior to executing these in case there are any issues and you need to roll back. Please pass on your results directly to DSCallards and I will jump on to any remainin issues.

Cheers,

Neal

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file