Crosst.ab report is not working

Kota, Aruna Kumari shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

Cross tab is not working when we use a calculated field.

When we create cross tab report with normal fields it is working.

/768ab8182ac1d1187c8571ff1e568be6

However, if we use aby calculated field and create a report it is throwing error:

/9aa87d0b4083a4a3b4bf334e4c6cf108

Here Availability is calculated field. I believe it is not considering Calculated field as Metric field.

Do we have any defect for this?

Regards,

Aruna

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Aruna,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. I have not heard of this issue before, can you please provide some more information on this so I can look to replicate it?

1. Which version of Yellowfin are you using?
  2. What Formula type is the calculated field? Simple, Freehand SQL or Predefined?
  3. What is the calculation being preformed?
  4. What are the underlying data types of the fields used in the calculated field? Eg VARCHAR, DATE, INT, FLOAT, etc

With the answers above we can look to replicate this in Yellowfin and raise a defect if required.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Aruna,

Hope you are well. I wanted to check in to see if you can please provide some more information on this so I can look to replicate it?

1. Which version of Yellowfin are you using?
  2. What Formula type is the calculated field? Simple, Freehand SQL or Predefined?
  3. What is the calculation being preformed?
  4. What are the underlying data types of the fields used in the calculated field? Eg VARCHAR, DATE, INT, FLOAT, etc

With the answers above we can look to replicate this in Yellowfin and raise a defect if required.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

HI Neal,

Please find the attached screenshot of calculated field created.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,Thank you for explaining this. Based on the information you have provided I believe this is functioning as expected. Testing locally I can see the same issue with a calc field with the same formula, however as the error on screen states you require "one aggregated metric field." The Availability field does not contain any aggregation (SUM, AVG, etc) and therefore is not able to be displayed in the crosstab. If you were to add an aggregation to it, it will display.

Given your working example, I suspect that your Day Average Value is a calculated field with a formula like "AVG(day_value)" which is an aggregation and hence would display. Can you please confirm my thinking is correct? And if not, can you explain how the Day Average Value is calculated/formatted?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Yes, it is aggregated field.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

Thank you for confirming that. Yellowfin is definitely performing as expected here. I will mark this as completed but if you have any further questions please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file