Color is not persistent with chart bars.

Kota, Aruna Kumari shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I have a report with defined colored bars for each category.

When I run the report and there is data for all categories, all colors work as designed. However, if there are no data, the colors are shown for different categories. attached is an example of incident priority report which shows that the “Critical” is red and it works fine in the first chart, however, in the second report where there was no values for Low or High, the “Critical” category took the color of “Medium” which is yellow and the value of Medium took the color of “Low” since there was no “Low”.

Environment Details:

Yellowfin : 8.0.4.

Replies (22)

photo

Hi,

Somewhere I have seen that it is YF defect logged in YF 7.x and 8.x version. This has been fixed in latest YF 9.1 release.

Please correct me if I am wrong? If it is defect can you help me if you have any workaround for this.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Team,

Any update.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

Hope you're well!

Unfortunately it looks like the attachment didn't get uploaded correctly and it's not a part of the ticket. Would you be able to try to upload it again, please?

We had more than a couple chart colour issues fixed in 9.1, would you be able to tell me where you saw that this problem was fixed?

Also what chart types were you seeing this problem on?

Are you still seeing in this in the newest BMC builds? i.e. 8.0.6.

Apologies for so many questions!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

I tested this on YF 8.0.8 release and noticed same behavior. Please refer attached document.

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I'm not sure this is a bug; if you want to specify the colours for your series, you can do so in the series settings. If you use the default colours, then yes they will change depending on the data displayed.

Please see my screenshot below for what I mean:

/d398c1cc9944c49c61781aa6579b10beIf it is a bug, were you able to tell me where you saw that it was fixed for 9.1?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

This colour setting is available only for Metric fields and not for dimension. We are using Status and Priority field and can't find option to set the colour code. PFA

Can you check it at your end please ?

On one of the YF community link I found that it's fix in 9.1.

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Chris,

Any update on this issue?

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Chris,

Any update on this issue please?

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

Apologies if I wasn't clear before.

You will need to set up a set of reference codes for the field, including the colours you want to use and then apply those reference codes to the field in the view. You will then be able to use reference code colours in your charts, as per below:

/64e312c18f355abc2bf09a64ae8fadc1

Please see our Wiki which covers reference codes here, and there is also this method described here for custom colours for dimensions.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Aruna,

Hope you're doing good.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Still we have this issue.

I will share the document what we have followed and please advice us.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

That's no worries. Have you checked my advice of using reference codes instead to ensure the colours remain set as desired?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Yes, followed it.

Please find the attached doc and screenshot.

Still it the same.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Attached

photo

Hi Chris,

Any update on this issue?

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

From your docx document, the colours appear correct and follow the reference code colours.

For the image you linked, I'm not 100% sure I follow what is happening here, as the image is low resolution. Are you attempting to show that using custom colours instead of the default ref code colours does not work?

In my example below, the ref code colours are set and the pie chart is set to use reference code colours:

/94aee2b023dc662ae078705d47a87cb2

/671605790d31ed033593aa873aa276b1

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

We are following the same.

As you can see the word document.

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

It appears that this may be an issue with chart colours that was fixed in Yellowfin 9 as part of a rewrite to chart colours, but I have received word from the wider team that the fix won't make it in to Yellowfin 8.

If you change the default colours to those you desire in the chart, does that work as a workaround?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

HI Chris,

You mean to say it is not available in this version?

Regards,

Aruna

photo

Hi Aruna,

Yes that is correct unfortunately. There was a fix that was implemented in Yellowfin 9 as chart colours were rewritten, but it won't make it into 8 as it would require that same rewrite to fix.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Aruna,

Hope you're doing well!

Let me know if there's anything else around this topic you'd like to discuss - otherwise we can close it off.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Aruna,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file