Can't Use Advanced Broadcast Settings

Dan Vyenielo shared this problem 6 years ago
Defect Fixed

I have a report I'm trying to broadcast using advanced settings. This allows me to feed the recipient list using a report. It also allows me to populate filters based on the report supplied.

I'm unable to make the Rocketship icon appear when using a Mandatory Filter.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Dan,

I've successfully replicated this behavior and have raised this a defect in our internal ticketing system. As a work around in the meantime, please set the 'Filter Requirement' of your filter from 'Mandatory' to 'Allow Omit' to work around this behavior.

I'll keep this post updated with further information regarding a fix on this.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thanks for filling this.

-Dan

photo

Hi Dan,

No problem! I'll keep this post updated with relevant information as it becomes available.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello,

Was this defect fixed on latest releases?

Regards,

Alicia

photo

Hi Alicia,

Thank you for checking in on this Defect. This has not been included in the current or upcoming releases.

The good news is that removing the 'Mandatory' filter option allows the possibility of applying a filter and then configuring the broadcast to use this filter. You could also add Default filter values to facilitate smaller result sets by default. I understand this may not be the news you were hoping for, and will keep this post updated with further information as it is available.

Regards,

Ryan

photo

Hey Dan,

I wanted to reach out to you regarding this task and give you an update on it. Our devs have been able to resolve this issue within the latest release of Yellowfin 9.7.1.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Best,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file