YF Bigquery data source boolean field filtering does not work

Vefa Gulecyuz shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi guys, we have a BigQuery data source and we have boolean fields in that data source.

When I try to filter on boolean fields in the view, YF gives me Yes or No options, but in the query these options are configured as 0 (zero) and 1 (one). This query returns error from BigQuery because they are integer fields, BigQuery expects true or false. Please see attached screen shots. It is same if I try to filter in the report as well.

I use BigQuery connector 4.1

Application Version:9.4.2

java.version:1.8.0_282

os.name:Linux

os.arch:amd64

os.version:4.19.112+

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Vefa,

Thanks for contacting Yellowfin!

We are aware of an bug with filters and BigQuery boolean data. I'll append this ticket to the master so you should get an update when it's been fixed. Unfortunately at the moment we don't have a workaround available.

If you're happy with that, I'll mark this as Defect Logged.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks for the reply Chris. Is there a time estimation when it will be fiexed?

I understand that it is a bug from Yellowfin side, can I continue using JDBC driver 4.1 version after it is fixed? (Ideally we would like to be able to use 4.2 but there is already a private ticket created for this.)

photo

Hi Vefa,

I don't have a time estimation for you at the moment, but it is marked as a high priority. We generally bring out new feature and bug fix releases quarterly.

The same driver should work, yes, as it does seem to be a Yellowfin bug.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
photo

Hey Chris, are there any updates on this with the new version 9.6?

photo

Hi Vefa,

Good news! This is coming in 9.6, which should hopefully be released any day now. I believe it's going through final QA stages.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Vefa,

As this fix came in 9.6, were you able to download the build and try it out?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris, not yet. We will upgrade in the coming 1-2 weeks.

photo

Hi Vefa,

No worries, I'll leave this open for a while longer.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Vefa,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file