How to Restore Deleted Dashboard?

Ann Gaynor shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello, it seems like a dashboard was deleted in our yellowfin demo account. Is there a way to recover this?

Thanks!

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Ann,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. There is definitely a way to restore a deleted Dashboard, but I will caveat this to say that this involves directly modifying the Yellowfin Configuration Database. Before starting this, you need to have full, recent backups of your Yellowfin Configuration Database and your Yellowfin Installation folder. You will need to run some queries against your Yellowfin Configuration Database, and mistakes here can cause irrevocable data loss. This also isn't officially supported or recommended, so do so cautiously. If you're unfamiliar with SQL and how to query a database, please defer this to your local IT Admin or DBA.

Please read through the details on this post on how to restore your Dashboard and let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Ann,

Hope you are well. I wanted to check in and see if you were able to restore the dashboard you needed with the instructions provided?

Was there anything else I could do to help here?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Ann,

Hope you are having good week. I am checking in to see if you were able to restore the Dashboard? Is there anything else I can assist with on this?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Ann,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file