Email functions not working with office365 exchange accounts 9.4

Lex Clay shared this problem 3 years ago
Resolved

Hi Guys,

It looks like there might be a bug with the email functions. Pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the email from. If you use office365 as your email provider, you don't have the option to allow other accounts to email on your behalf (it's also disabled by default in on prem Exchange 2019).

When you add the credentials into the configuration settings & hit test, you get a successful message and the email does come through. However, if you then try to broadcast a report or use the forgot password link you get a SendAsDeniedException.MapiExceptionSendAsDenied error.

What's odd is that it appears system generated emails (alerts when transformations fail for example) work fine.

I've created a jsp to send an email using the 365 account to make sure it's something in YF rather than the account and it worked fine (attached but with credentials removed for obvious reasons).

If you need a 365 account to replicate/test with, I can provide one for you.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Lex,

It looks like there may also be an existing workaround available in 9.5.1, the instructions for which are below:

1 Go to config page->email tab, set up smtp.office365.com as outgoing mail server

2 Set up Broadcast Display Name and Broadcast Email address. make it consistent with the outlook account that is used to authenticate SMTP server.

3 Enable "Custom Share Email Sender" do step 2 for "Share Email Display Name" and "Share Email Address"

/37d8a775741bbef4bcfde2106daaed3b

This should work for both broadcasts and sharing. Let me know if that works for you.

Kind regards,

Chris

Replies (2)

photo

Quick update, it seems this only affects user initiated email functions (Forgot password & share report via email). Broadcasting a report on a schedule does work

photo

Hi Lex,

Yes it looks like this has been recently reported to us. I've added your additional points to our internal task and tagged this ticket.

You'll be able to track the bug via this ticket.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Nice one. Cheers bud.

photo

No worries, glad to help!

photo

Hi Chris,

Any update on this? It's been escalated via Ivan and Cory.

photo

Hi Lex,

I'm escalating this with the dev team to get a response, so will keep you informed.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

I assume you've still not had a response from anyone on this...I've written a custom function to replace the forgot password link but I don't have the time to do anything about the share report via email...it's this functionality that's going to cause a problem if we have to tell everyone they can't use it if they're using office365 email accounts.

photo

Hi Lex,

This has been moved forward and a solution is currently being tested. So we may see this as part of a point release before 9.6.

photo

Cheers Chris

photo

No worries, I'll move this back over to defect logged in the mean time.

photo

Hi Lex,

It looks like there may also be an existing workaround available in 9.5.1, the instructions for which are below:

1 Go to config page->email tab, set up smtp.office365.com as outgoing mail server

2 Set up Broadcast Display Name and Broadcast Email address. make it consistent with the outlook account that is used to authenticate SMTP server.

3 Enable "Custom Share Email Sender" do step 2 for "Share Email Display Name" and "Share Email Address"

/37d8a775741bbef4bcfde2106daaed3b

This should work for both broadcasts and sharing. Let me know if that works for you.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Lex,

I just want to jump in here and question whether or not the response from Chris has helped with this ticket raised? If you could let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Yeah mate it did. You can close this one off.

photo

Hi Lex,

Thank you for the update. I am pleased all is well, have a great week ahead.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file