Aggregated columns of fields with data conversion applied in the view don't work fine

Joan Poblet shared this problem 6 years ago
Completed

Hi,

We applied a data numeric divide converter to a field of a view (diving by 1000), to transform it to seconds:

62c8340ef33c9bc2f2f83189a18db34e

When we create a report by displaying this field ("Time elapsed") as is, the converter works fine and the data shown is right:

2fd5eea3ee7cb82984841699c9c406a3

But when we apply an aggregation to the field, YF is taking the data without applying the numeric converter. So, the data shown is wrong:

c0dc94e5fff34f77f64e0c97132f0eda

What could we do to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Joan.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Joan,

I just wanted to let you know that I am looking into this, but as far as an immediate work around, I would suggest employing this as a calculated field where you can specify the aggregation method with greater control.

Hopefully I will have more information on your primary query soon here!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Joan,

I was able to confirm what you are noticing and have raised a defect ticket to address this (#6006). I will keep you up to date on the status of this ticket, and please let me know if there is any reason why the work around mentioned below will not work!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

I've just realized I didn't responded to you, sorry. The workaround worked fine. We will deal with this issue in that way until it is fixed in a coming build.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Joan.

photo

Hi Joan,

Sounds good I am going to set this to defect logged for now and keep you updated on the status of this ticket. If you run into any problems in the meantime just let me know!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Would you be so kind to update me about the status of this issue?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Joan.

photo

Hi Joan,

Unfortunately there has been no progress made on this issue. We are currently in a very large dev push for 7.4, which means that all but the most critical defects are on the back-burner until we get through this.

I have bumped the priority of this issue, but am still hesitant to give a timeline to resolution as anything sooner than at least Nov-Dec.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file