How code widget can be applied on fixed layout dashboards?

Arpit Jain shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

I have created the Code Widget (My Filter Widget) and integrated using the plugin management in the yellowfin.

Now if I create a new dashboard using a fixed layout option the code widget that I have created doesn't display inside the widgets tab but If I create a new dashboard with canvas mode the widget which I have created gets appeared.

Note:- In the canvas dashboard by default we get 3 widgets but in a fixed layout, we get only one widget.

Canvas Layout

1. Signal List
  2. Custom HTML
  3. Associated Reports

Fixed Layout

1. Associated Reports

Hence just want to confirm why this default behavior is different in both cases also I want to know if there is any possible way where I can put the code widgets in fixed layout dashboards as well?

Please find the attached screenshots for your reference.

/2834cbefc9bd6778d68168f9ec3fd2f1

/70538b6f53cb6b3c946df45331a9aab2

Thanks And Regards,

Arpit Jain

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Arpit,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your wuestion.

Currently it's not possible to use all the same canvas dashboard widgets in Fixed mode unfortunately, we had a task raised for this specific functionality, that was closed with another one created, to implement "sub-canvas" functionality of fixed dashboards, that I just can't find it at the moment... I'll try to get you added to the task, or re-open / add it if needed. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks, Eric

photo

Hi Arpit,

I've gone ahead and created a task for developers to look into implementing this functionality in a future version of the application. I've added your organization as an affected client, and attached this ticket to the task. Update to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll mark this topic as Idea Logged for now.

Thanks, Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file