Where are chart fonts stored?

Nick shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

When navigating to a a report > chart > ABC > Title > Custom > Style, can you advise where these custom fonts would be stored?

I can't seem to find them in the DB.

Thanks,

Nick

Best Answer
photo

Hi Nick,

Apologies for the delay on this... I have since discussed this with the wider team and I can update you with the following;

The actual encoded file is stored in the DocumentData table, of which you will need to check the DocumentRevision table for the RevisionID of the font and match that in the DocumentData table.

However if you require a simply "grab" of this, then this is also stored in the appserver/temp directory. You'd have to match the file timestamp to the one in the DB, but once you find the right file you can rename it from .tmp to .ttf and you should be able to install it again somewhere else.

Let me know if this helps Nick.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Nick,

I hope all is well,

Please refer to this link covering How to add a Font to Yellowfin. Within this link it will cover 2 areas;

• Fonts used for report tables
  • Fonts used for chart

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that.

I checked the link earlier but it doesn't mention where fonts are stored for charts.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Apologies for this Nick, from what I can see it appears that this would be the Yellowfin configuration database. Uploading fonts would be done through our Plugin Management.

Can I ask if this helps? Apologies if not, happy to assist where I can.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I've checked the configuration table but could not find it there.

For eg. When going to a Report > Chart settings > Title > Font

Where do these get loaded from? The reason I am asking is because we have an environment where the custom font is available in QA, but not in DEV or PROD.

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Apologies for the delay on this... I have since discussed this with the wider team and I can update you with the following;

The actual encoded file is stored in the DocumentData table, of which you will need to check the DocumentRevision table for the RevisionID of the font and match that in the DocumentData table.

However if you require a simply "grab" of this, then this is also stored in the appserver/temp directory. You'd have to match the file timestamp to the one in the DB, but once you find the right file you can rename it from .tmp to .ttf and you should be able to install it again somewhere else.

Let me know if this helps Nick.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark.

That's really helpful information. Just what I was looking for.

Nothing further outstanding from my side.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Nick

photo

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting back to me, I am pleased we got their in the end I just apologise for the time it took... Have a great weekend too.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file