Outdated Oracle driver version ships with YF8

Pratiksha Rane shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

We ARE USING YF 8.08 version and noticed that Oracle Driver version is outdated DriverVersion = 11.2.0.3.0 YF 8.0 supports Java 11, so it is expected that driver that is also certified for Java 11 by Oracle.

The driver "ojdbc5.jar" supplied certainly does not fulfil this at all, it is not even officially approved for Java 8.

How to upgrade the Driver version ?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thanks for reaching out. You can follow the steps in the following article to add a new, updated JDBC driver to Yellowfin: How to add a new JDBC driver for use in Yellowfin.

That said, I've not run into any issues with using ojdbc5.jar, nor can identify that we've encountered any errors relating specifically to that driver as of yet. Nevertheless, you can still add a new one and use that instead via the method in the article above.

Also, if you want to add the driver to the installer instead, that can typically be done by following the steps here: How to add database JDBC drivers to the installer

Though since BMC's installer is custom, this may need to be accomplished in another way by someone on your end who's familiar with how your installer is packaged.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information and sharing the links. Here is the concern is Oracle driver 11 is not certified for Java 11 by Oracle.

Hence client's DB team is pushing to upgrade Oracle driver.

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

If Oracle has not certified OJDBC 11 for Java 11. we don't have any control over that, so I'm not quite sure I'm understanding your request. I've provided information on how to add new driver's, which is of course something that can be handled YF-side, but I'm afraid I can't provide much more assistance beyond that.

That said, if I'm misunderstanding, please let me know.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

photo

I work with Oracle database and use dotconnect for oracle.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file