Joins in a view: Can you specify a list of field to always ignore when auto detecting joins

Travis shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Is there a way to tell Yellowfin to ignore a predefined list of fields so we don't have to remove them from the match every time a table is joined?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Travis,

no, I'm afraid it is not possible to tell Yellowfin to ignore a predefined list of fields in the Detect Joins feature. Sorry for the bad news, I'm wondering whether in your situation it might be quicker just to create the joins manually (without the Detect Joins feature)

regards,

David

photo

Hi Travis,

I'm just going through my work list and checking up on things and I noticed that this case has been hanging around for a month so I'm asking whether it can be closed now?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Travis,

it's been 2 weeks since my last communication about the status of this questionand there has been no response, so I'm going to mark it as answered, however if you feel that is incorrect then just respond and then the question will re-open and appear back on my worklist.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

That is fine. The only thing I would wonder is if this should or can become an idea for possible future enhancements.

Thanks.

Sent: July 12, 2017 12:39 AM

To: Travis

Subject: New Comment in "Joins in a view: Can you specify a list of field to always ignore when auto detecting joins"

photo

thanks Travis. Yes, at any point please feel free to raise an "Idea" in Yellowfin Community, then what happens is that every so often some Yellowfin product planners review the latest Ideas and turn some of them into Enhancement Requests (the deciding criteria may be those that are deemed good ideas, or those that have had the most votes, or those that fit in with the road map for the next version or two).

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file