Oh no! An error has occurred during processing please try again later.

Karthik Kannan shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi Yellowfin Team,

When formatting a DateTime field in yellowfin, suddenly becomes not responding and after that not able to login and displayed the error message saying "Oh no! An error has occurred during processing please try again later".

we tried restarting the services also. but not able to login. we need a speedy recovery to resolve this issue.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Karthik,

Do you have a few minutes to screen-share? If so please let me know what time works best for you. I am on US mountain time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Dear Nathan,

We are in IST time, if it is fine for you now we will connect the session.

photo

Hi Karthik,

Unfortunately I am in the United states so it is currently quite late my time. One error I see repeated here is:

YF:2017-06-20 20:10:00:ERROR (DBAction:doUpdate) - Error occured doing update: java.sql.SQLException: The transaction log for database 'Yellowfin731' is full due to 'LOG_BACKUP'.

java.sql.SQLException: The transaction log for database 'Yellowfin731' is full due to 'LOG_BACKUP'.

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:372)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2894)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2334)

In doing a quick google, this error appears to be related to the database that the Yellowfin configuration database is contained within.

This article seemed relevant:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21228688/the-transaction-log-for-database-is-full-due-to-log-backup-in-a-shared-host/21235001

Hopefully this gets you going, let me know if not an i can pass this off to one of my Australian colleagues.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for providing the information.

We fixed the issue, but error message showing is incorrect in the application (Oh no! An error has occurred during processing please try again later), if the same log error(The transaction log for database 'Yellowfin731' is full due to 'LOG_BACKUP') shows in the application we might have fixed this.

photo

Hi Karthick

Glad to hear you got it fixed! Generally a long stack trace is meaningless to most users, and would have the effect of scaring them into thinking that the problem they ran into is actually a critical issue, so we tend towards generality with the "oh no" errors. While I do agree that we could make these a little more explanative, there are so many different errors that can occur within the program, that it is impossible to catch each individually, and some catch-all phrase needs to be used.

The yellowfin.log file typically contains the true stack trace for any "oh no" you receive. I would recommend looking here first in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience and glad you got it worked out!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

I know this is an old thread but I run into the same issue ...

Happy to find this thread so I quickly found the reason (I have no access to the server to check the logs myself and devops might be busy with other issue's).

Maybe optional add a link to the full stack trace for admin users only?

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

We've actually floated the idea to get logs from the UI, along with a bunch of other Admin items, though unfortunately it's a bit hard with security from a PC that is not actually running the app server itself.

The good news is that you were able to find the resolution by searching :)

What I can do is create an idea on your behalf in regards to getting logs via the UI ?

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file