Install error when DB user already exists

Peter Michael Sørensen shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Yellowfin

Just incountered an error when installing Yellowfin on a new test server (Full install).

Its 9.5.1 on postgreSQL 11.

When the DB User already exists, but you have ticked the "Create Database User" in the installation wizard it fails and crashes.

You should check the users existens before entering the installation and not only check the connection.

See pictures attachs.

Best regards Peter

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue. I have seen this before, but I've personally always considered this error to be "my fault" haha! You bring up a great point though, YF goes through the trouble to make sure the DB connection parameters on this page are correct, and gives you the option to fix them before a potential installation failure.

I would expect a similar check for the Create User action - check the DB to make sure the Administrator user has the right permissions to create a user/db (which I've also seen fail), and that the DB user account to create does not currently exist in the system.

I actually see the first part of that process (user permissions check) as an existing enhancement in our system, but not your particular issue of the existing DB user check. So I think I will need to make an enhancement request to devs, to look into adding this functionality into a future version. Does this sound like a good way forward here?

Thanks, Eric

photo

Hi Eric

Thanks for your reply and yes that sound like the way forward :-)

Best regards Peter

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for confirming that for me. I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into including this functionality in a future version. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this ticket as Idea Logged. Feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks, Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file