can report filters be stacked differently than how they are shown by default?

Nitin Parihar shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

one of our reports has lots of filters. is it possible to stack the filters horizontally rather than vertically as the filters take a lot of real estate (as they are stacked on top of each other. ?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for reaching out with this.

Currently I am unaware of a method to display the filter list on reports horizontally. We can potentially approach this as an enhancement request if you would like to see this implemented in a future versions of yellowfin.

As for a potential workaround we can look at immediately. We can minimize the real-estate impact these filter lists have on the report by using the Left Side Nav Filter Display. This can be enabled in the Filter Formatting of a Report:/9e429b4a0346a04a02728a39fdd37575

This setting 'hides' the filter menu behind a button. Once clicked the filter menu will slide out onto the report:

/d55551195eafb78007f3fbc6f0c277fd

Let me know if this helps. If you would like to see this raised as an enhancement, we can move forward with that as well.

Best Regards,

Jared

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for reaching out with this.

Currently I am unaware of a method to display the filter list on reports horizontally. We can potentially approach this as an enhancement request if you would like to see this implemented in a future versions of yellowfin.

As for a potential workaround we can look at immediately. We can minimize the real-estate impact these filter lists have on the report by using the Left Side Nav Filter Display. This can be enabled in the Filter Formatting of a Report:/9e429b4a0346a04a02728a39fdd37575

This setting 'hides' the filter menu behind a button. Once clicked the filter menu will slide out onto the report:

/d55551195eafb78007f3fbc6f0c277fd

Let me know if this helps. If you would like to see this raised as an enhancement, we can move forward with that as well.

Best Regards,

Jared

photo

i will try to run with this and will gather some feedback.

thanks for your reply. this helps.

Nitin

photo

Hi Nitin,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Nitin,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

thats it.. i think we can close this.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file