Best practices for displaying text statuses?

Sam shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I'm creating a Yellowfin Story that has some reports with charts but I also need to display many values that are one of a set of fixed project statuses: "Not Started", "On Track", "Completed", etc. I'm looking for examples of this done well or best practices to follow. The values will be uploaded in a .csv that I control.

Does anyone have advice or examples to share, either related to storing and retrieving the data or how to display it in an attractive way, with color-coding for instance? There will be accompanying text for the metric associated the status, for instance "Establish a baseline measure of customer satisfaction" might go with "In Progress."

I'd love to hear from anyone who can provide examples or guidance!

Sam

Replies (2)

photo

Thanks Simon, I'll try out that Treemap chart strategy. And I think the number of data points is small enough that I could update them manually, and use text widgets. So those are both helpful tips!

I attended a Yellowfin Master Design Class with Tony Prysten and enjoyed his tips on dashboard design. He showed some exemplars and how they work well. If anyone has an example of a dashboard or Story showing use of text values, or other qualitative data, in a way that looks good, I'd enjoy seeing them.

photo

Thanks for the additional idea and for submitting that enhancement request ticket!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file