Update LDAP Users

Chad Miller shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

I was reading over this article about updating LDAP users and it says you can download attached flattengroups.jsp to manually update them without having to change the DB. I don't see the attached file and I can't find it in my install? Am I missing it or is it not attached anymore?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Chad,

Thanks for getting in touch here on the Community. We recently updated the underlying software here, and I'm wondering if the new version contained some changes that booted the file from that article. It seems like I am also unable to upload .jsp files to this question. I've gone ahead and sent an email with the .jsp attached directly to the email address that we have associated with your Yellowfin account, please let me know if it doesn't come through correctly.

I want to quickly make clear that the group flattening task and LDAP update task are two separate events. Placing FlattenGroups.jsp and calling it from your browser will only run the group flattening task, and will not fire the LDAP update task. If you want this to run more often, (I believe that the default is once every 24 hours, starting at midnight) you will have to make an edit to the database as noted in the article you linked article. If you do decide to make this change, please remember to shut down Yellowfin and back up the database before making the edit :)

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions here, or if you have any other questions for us here in Support!

Thanks,

-Conner

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Chad,

Thanks for getting in touch here on the Community. We recently updated the underlying software here, and I'm wondering if the new version contained some changes that booted the file from that article. It seems like I am also unable to upload .jsp files to this question. I've gone ahead and sent an email with the .jsp attached directly to the email address that we have associated with your Yellowfin account, please let me know if it doesn't come through correctly.

I want to quickly make clear that the group flattening task and LDAP update task are two separate events. Placing FlattenGroups.jsp and calling it from your browser will only run the group flattening task, and will not fire the LDAP update task. If you want this to run more often, (I believe that the default is once every 24 hours, starting at midnight) you will have to make an edit to the database as noted in the article you linked article. If you do decide to make this change, please remember to shut down Yellowfin and back up the database before making the edit :)

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions here, or if you have any other questions for us here in Support!

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Thanks Conner I got the .jsp file. However, as you stated I misread the document and I need to update LDAP not flatten the groups. I will just have to make a change to the DB.

Thanks

Chad

photo
photo

Thanks Conner I got the .jsp file. However, as you stated I misread the document and I need to update LDAP not flatten the groups. I will just have to make a change to the DB.

Thanks

Chad

From: Yellowfin Support Team [mailto:community@yellowfin.bi]

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 11:55 AM

To: Chad Miller

Subject: New Comment in "Update LDAP Users"

photo

Hi Chad,

Excellent, thanks for letting me know that the .jsp came through. The reason that I included that little bit in my previous post was that I misread the document myself on the first run through as well.

Would you be comfortable with me going ahead and marking this question as answered?

Thanks,

-Conner

photo

Yes it is answered.

Thanks

Chad

From: Yellowfin Support Team [mailto:community@yellowfin.bi]

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:10 PM

To: Chad Miller

Subject: New Comment in "Update LDAP Users"

Leave a Comment

Attach a file