Custom Page Footer is Deprecated in Yellowfin 9.4?

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi everyone,

I have been upgraded most of our clients to the new 9.3.1 after doing a lot of tests. There's a few ones that I'm having more trouble due to simple features that they use a lot and I couldn't found any workaround.

One of these clients use a custom footer page with some links to external webpages and some custom buttons.

When I was trying to create a test enviroment to see how Yellowfin would be after this upgrade (8.0.7 to 9.3.1), the footer disappeared. If we take a look in the webpage from 8.0.7 version, there's an "div" element which are responsible for this footer.

/02d5d57ff408cf070827743a57e7f8ed

This "div" element has an id parameter set as "mainPageFooterDiv". The element tree for this one is the following.

- body

-- form (MIForm)

--- div (mainPageDiv)

---- div (mainPageFooterDiv)

This very element doesn't exist in 9.3.1 version of Yellowfin. Instead, we do have a totally new tree, but the footer is not there.

I've notice that this option still exists in Yellowfin Wiki.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=37060839

Also, the parameter who is responsible to set the footer page are still there too

/e1e5f25eb33e456cb44d50061c9c9c2d

As you can see, everything should work as was before, but somehow, the footer is being ignored for some reason.

I also tried to change back to standard footer, but it didn't worked.

To finish my doubts, I've installed a new Yellowfin enviroment without changing any options to see if the Standard Yellowfin Footer would be there, and for my surprise, it wasn't. I used the new 9.4 version of Yellowfin to test this.

Can someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Renato Marcello

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Renato,

Thanks for reaching out. This is a known defect. A fix for this is being targeted for 9.5.

I've gone ahead and added you to the client list in our internal task of those being impacted this.

Any further updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your info here.

I'm gonna wait 'till this update is avaiable. Is there any forecast?

Regards,

Renato Marcello

photo

Hi Renato,

The ETA for 9.5 is some time in March.

Regards,

Mike

photo

+1 We would like this fix too please

photo

Hi Dean,

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately, this didn't make it into 9.5, and is now being targeted for 9.6. I will post more updates as they come along.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Dean,

Just letting you know this has been fixed and will be published in 9.6. ETA some time in June. I'll let you know once published.

Regards,

Mike

photo

That's good news.   Thanks Mike 🙂

Dean Jackson Founder and CTO

T 1300 721 113
M +61 414 828 311
@ dean.jackson@azility.co

www.azility.co

azility

Sent: Thursday, 15 April 2021 12:42 AM
To: Dean Jackson <dean.jackson@azility.co>
Subject: New Comment in "Custom Page Footer is Deprecated in Yellowfin 9.4?"

photo

Hi Dean,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Renato,

Just writing to let you know that the build containing this fix, 9.6 is now published.

For your convenience, here are a couple direct links for this build:

9.6: .jar / .exe

You can also download the latest full installers here.

There's an additional step or two to get the footer back however, so please follow the newly published instructions in our Wiki here as well.

Please download the update installer for the latest build and test and let us know if you run into any issues.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file