How to retain word wrap in excel broadcast

Sameer Patil shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

We are using YF version : 8.0.8

We have several ntext, varchar fields in report, when we run the report it shows data without word wrap.

When we try to export the report in excel we get option to disable/enable word wrap.

However when we schedule the broadcast of the report, received excel attachment has word wrap in it.

We want to know if there is any way we can disable word wrap for broadcast as well.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for reaching out with this.

I have been working at this and haven't located a method to do this. I am going to continue look into this and let you know what I find. This may however need to be an enhancement request in order to get this functionality added to excel broadcasts. If this is the case, would you be able to provide a use case we can provide to our dev team? This will help us hit the mark on the enhancement if needed.

Best Regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

Thank you for response.

Below is the use case that we followed.

1. Create report with long text field.

2. If you run the report it shows long text field value without word wrap in UI.

3. If we export that report to excel we get option to enable/disable word wrap and it works perfectly fine.

4, However if we schedule a broadcast on that report we do not have option to enable/disable word wrap and received attached excel file has word wrap already applied.

It will be good if we can provide option to word wrap while scheduling broadcast similar way we have for exporting report.

Please let me know if want more information on this.

Regards,

Sameer

photo

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for this.

I went ahead and raised this as an enhancement request to our developers as I haven't been able to locate a method to do this with broadcasts.

Once I receive any updates on this task I will be sure to provide them to you here.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Best Regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

Thank you, please let me know enhancement ID so that we can track it further.

Regards,

Sameer

photo

Hi Sameer,

The id for this task is YFN-21913.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file