Expert Approval: Dashboards issue

Dean Flinter shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi,

We have a content folder that requires expert approval to publish into.

One of the users has been creating and publishing reports with no issues. Today they created their first dashboard and when they tried to publish, they get the approval warning but they don't have the option to publish, just save as draft. As such, the expert group never receive a notification for approval and since it is technically not published, they can't approve

77960a2e2353ffe88a3bee0cd9ee3a52

We're currently running v9.3.1. Just wondering if this has been fixed in a later version or even logged?

Thanks

Dean

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Dean,

This does appear to be a bug logged with our dev team. I'll see if I can get some eyes on this to look into a fix for you. Is this just the one user affected or are there multiple?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Only the one user has tried to publish a dashboard to an approval required folder so I can't say for sure

Thanks for confirming it has been logged. I can get around it for now by asking the user to tell me directly if they have a dash that needs to be published. I can then open the dash and publish myself. Just not an ideal workflow

Thanks

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

No worries, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Kind regards,Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

This does seem to be fixed in v9.5.1

One curiosity though is that we have a user group defined as the approver and for reports we all get a notification email but for the dashboard, it seems it only sent it to the user who was assigned the task

Thanks

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

Thanks for confirming that this has been fixed.

I'll close this one off, but I'll create another ticket to investigate the dashboard notification emails issue.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Link to the new ticket is here: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/ticket/21620

Leave a Comment

Attach a file