cannot see new oracle tables

Daya Naidoo shared this problem 2 years ago
Resolved

Hi, new tables have been created in the Oracle DB. When creating a view, I cannot see these tables.

Kind regards

Daya

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Daya,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. To try and assist further, can you please let me know which version of Yellowfin you are using? Is this still 9.4 or did you upgrade to 9.5?

I have a few specific questions on the new tables, as generally speaking the only items that prevent Yellowfin from seeing these are:

1. User permissions in Oracle (ie the DB user Yellowfin uses to connect to the data source does not have the required permissions to see these tables)
  2. Possibly some kind of caching (though I am unsure what this would be)

To try and rule out any caching, if you restart Yellowfin, are you able to see the new tables? If not, then there is no caching issue.

Are you able to use a third-party DB tool (like DBeaver) to connect to your Oracle DB with the same user as Yellowfin is using? If so, do you see those new tables? If not, then there is a permissions issue on the tables themselves.

If neither of the above suggestions help you see the tables, please let me know and we can look to setup a screen share and take a look.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

HI Neal, its V9.5.

I have restarted the service, still no luck.

I have DB Visualizer and still cannot see the new tables.

Let me know when you are available.

Regards

Daya

photo

Hi Daya,

Thank you for those details. If you are unable to see the new tables in DB Visualizer then this would be a database permissions issue which will need to be resolved by your DBA. With this in mind a screen share would not really be of benefit here as I cannot control the DB permissions. Please check with whoever manages your databases to ensure that the user that Yellowfin uses to connect to the data source has the required access to view these tables. Once you can see those tables in DB Visualizer, you will be able to see them in Yellowfin.

Please let me know how you go with your DBA and if you have any further questions on this.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Thanks, I will follow up with DBA and advise.

Much Appreciated

Daya

photo

Hi Daya,

Always happy to help as much as we can. I will mark this as completed but please let me know if you run into any issues after your permissions are sorted.

Cheers,

Neal

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file