Multiple aggregations on a single column

Julius Alexander shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I am doing what should be very basic, certainly it would be basic in excel, but I cannot figure out how (if it is even possible) in yellowfin.

I have columns and I want to aggregate them, total, max, min and average. I can get yellowfin to do any one of those aggregation's, but not more than one of them at once on a column. This should be very basic functionality.

The only way I can think to do this is write a separate report for each aggregation and then combine them together on a single report or dashboard (though I'm not sure if I Can get them all to use the same filter). There has to be a simpler way to do this, please tell me I'm missing something obvious,

Replies (5)

photo

Hey Julius,

I hope you are well!

Unfortunately, you cannot overlap aggregations on 1 column, however, you can add an Advanced function to a column if you wish, while using an aggregation-

489c09fdd102f63b9a780b1e945c3c46

Alternatively, you can add the same field to your report several times, giving each column a different name (they usually rename themselves based on the aggregation) -

a3ca61d41fff6b863309402f8d5040a8

Let me know if either of these options can help you get your desired results :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thanks, I ended up using sql, but I might try this again to try to see if it is more efficient. Thanks.

photo

Hey Julius,

Let me know how it goes :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Julius,

I hope you have been well!

I just wanted to check in to see if you tried out either of the options?

Were they helpful? or was your SQL option more useful in this case?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Julius,

I hope you have been well!

I just wanted to let you know, as I have not had a response to my previous replies, I will be marking this ticket as closed due to inactivity - However, please feel free to reopen if you have further questions or if you would like to let me know whether or not the suggested options were helpful.

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file