Page Number not appearing on DocX when including additional text in page object

Pratiksha Rane shared this problem 3 years ago
Completed

The footer page number report does not work when exporting the report to DOCX file. The Page No function works fine with PDF, but not with DOCX as it gives DocPageNumber.

Please check, attachment for the screenshot related to it.

Replies (18)

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I can confirm that what you're experiencing is not an expected behaviour, and do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

While I cannot provide an ETA at this point on when this issue can be addressed, I have raised this as a bug and will keep you updated on it's status via this request.

If there was anything you were after in the meantime, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Thanks for an update.

Is it a known bug/defect noticed in YF 8.0.4 ? If yes then can you provide me the defect ID ?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

This is the first time this has been reported from what I can see, so I have raised it to get sorted. The defect id is YFN-21725.

I will keep you updated on this.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Do we have any ETA for this?

Also please confirm this defect for both cases.

- Page number does not work

- Table shrinks when exported to DOCX file

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I do not have an ETA for this at this time, though there has been some investigation into this and it appears it may be limitation with the library being used, so it it could be a larger piece of work to resolve this. From our testing, this issue is only present when there is a Text object in the same cell. Just adding the Page Number with no additional text exports correctly. This may be a workaround in the interim.

This defect is only for Page number not working as expected. I do not see any mention of a shrinking table in this request. Has this been raised in a separate ticket?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

I tested this use case and I am not getting Page number in header even tough I have set only Page number without any text field.

For the pdf format same reports works fine.

About the table shrink yes, table gets truncated i.e if there are more than 10 columns it shows only 9.

Could you please confirm this?

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

My apologies for the delay. The Page Number by itself works in 8.0.6 and above.

I have raised another issue for the table shrinking as this will need to be investigated separately.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please share that ticket ID for table shrink issue? Let me know if you are able to replicate it and it has fixed into 8.0.6 or not.

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

The ticket ID for this is 21380. Please review this ticket as so far I have been unable to replicate this in 8.0.4 20191216, and have some follow up questions.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Customer is on 8.0.6 version and still facing that page number issue when report is exported to docs

bf7dbc5c6bad5e704fd0f79716f2b2f8

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thank you for letting me know this. I have tested on the same version and have not been able to replicate this. Please see this video for my testing.

Can you please get a similar screen recording of their process so I can see if there are any differences? If you can also include some logs for the same timeframe that woul dbe helpful to see if there are any errors in there.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Unfortunately I can't play that vide due to some technical issues. Attached is the configuration screenshots and output file from my 8.0 6 system

Let me know if I am missing anything here.

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thank you for sending through these examples, however I am now confused as I both of these items contain the page number in the header as per your configuration. Here is a screen shot of both documents side-by-side (PDF on the left, DOCX on the right) as well as the configuration option in the bottom right. Looking at what you have provided, the page number alone is working correctly as previously mentioned.

35215a313d176b20a9ae8470f916f7fe

From this image, there is no issue with page number alone, so it is only a matter of waiting for the task to be completed by our developers for a future release to allow text and page numbers to work together on a single header/footer text box.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

It's working now. Issue was with Microsoft word display settings.

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Glad to hear that. I will put this back into defect logged to keep track of the original issue.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Currently we can use Page number and text field in different cell. However customer wants to use both fields in same cell.

Do you have any ETA of defect YFN-21725 ?

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I do not have an ETA at this time. From what I understand it sounds like a limitation of the underlying library we use, which suggests that resolving this would be a bigger piece of work than it initially sounds.

I will keep you updated via this ticket when more information comes through.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I hope all is well,

Just to inform you that this has since been marked as "Completed" - Why?

We have since added additional comments to our wiki to inform clients of the following:

f3758cb5f6283adeab9f68ebbd5a8c27

You can find this here.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file