Yellowfin welcome dashboard for user

Kalaiselvan shared this idea 2 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

Trying to create below few reports, that should be filterd based on the user login (dynamic filter). Could you please help me to identify or the way to build these reports (either from view or sql reports)

• 10 last used reports
  • 5 most accessed reports
  • Favorited reports
  • Link to YF user profile

Along with these, I want to embed a content from my organization website (like web scraping).

Please advise.

Yellowfin version 9.5.0

Thanks,

Kalaiselvan

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

We have an Audit Content package that has some good template reports for this type of report creation. At the moment it isn't compatible with our latest version 9 releases, but we're working on an update. I can check on the status of this task and add you as an affected client and make sure the content is included. Does this sound like a good way forward?

In the meantime, you should be able to build these reports by looking into the following tables in the Yellowfin configuration DB - hope this helps.

user login info - ipclass

last used, most accessed most accessed - event, reportheader

favorited reports - personfavorite

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your swift response. Yes, it would be good to include us to get the update for the Audit content.

I got the below reports from the tables that you mentioned

• 10 last used reports
  • Favoirted reports

Could you please also help to sort out the below.

• Is that possible to link, the Yellowfin profie setting (which is navigation panel) from dashboard or report?
  • How to add/embed specific content from other website to YF dashboard or report?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

HI Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for the reply here.

Just to clarify, you would like a link on a report that redirects to the "update user" page, same behavior as clicking this "Profile Settings" link?

e2a72615d3bd0f2cbaec44b2b5bfbd2e

There may be a way to code this link with a Code Widget. I'd recommend checking out our wiki for more info -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Dashboard+Code+Widgets

You can also use Code Widgets to embed content from other websites, so I think this functionality can be the solution in both cases! Does this sound like the solution you're looking for?

If you need additional assistance building the code itself, I can get you in touch with our consulting team, as content creation & custom code is technically out-of-scope for support.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response. I will check and confirm you.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Eric,

I have tried the code widget to embed the html code from other website to Yellowfin dashboard, that's works fine :-)

For Profile setting, yes, that's what i am looking for, to have link from dashboard to User Profile setting.

One more question.

• Is it possible to implement data security to result the data based on the user logged in (eg. To see user own data, like my favorited contents)

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I talked to the team and it looks like the url that processes the User profile page is

url/MIPreTimelineSettings.i4

so you may be able to use this page as a link to the user profile page.

It should also be possible to pull user data and create access filters for this information, although this would be a task for our consulting team to help build out custom content like this. Would you like to look into personalized assistance with this? Or perhaps you'd prefer to request a specific type of report in our updated Audit Content package alternatively?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your clarification.

Link for profile setting is working as expected. Thanks

I will look in to wiki to create custom access filter. However it would be good to have report in Audit content package to see the user's own data.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you were able to get things working in this case. I've created a task for developers to look into including the requested functionality in the upcoming Audit Content package re-release. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I'll in turn mark this ticket as Idea Logged for now, feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks, Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file