Edit Details Upgrade (Tags and Views)

Jason Kaczmarek shared this idea 5 years ago
Not Planned

The Edit Details menu item is great. I love being able to quickly change a report name or folder location. However, I feel it's missing the option to update tags as well. As needs change, it would be great to edit tags quickly without having to go into report edit mode. I would also love to see this menu item extended to views.

Jason

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Jason,

OK, I've raised an enhancement request to add Tags to the Edit Details function, I'll let you know whether it gets accepted or not by the product manager in due course.

Regarding the idea of having the same sort of functionality for Views, I actually raised that as a defect recently because it used to exist in earlier versions of Yellowfin, it somehow just fell through the cracks along the way. The defect is YFN-11453 and in fact you're the 3rd client to ask after it, and I've added your name to the defect.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Jason,

just letting you know that this Idea has been reviewed and the decision is as follow: Later in the year we are going to be reviewing our approach to content searching to make it smarter and more intuitive. For that reason we will not be enhancing the current tag capabilities.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Fishies,

I'd like to re-open this enhancement request. Since this was last looked at, there's nothing in the searching that replaces the functionality provided by tagging (if I'm missing something please let me know). Having the ability to add tags without having to edit the report (& probably more importantly without having to edit/clone a view) feels like a pretty reasonable feature request.

While I'm rabbiting on about Tags, being able to select multiple tags and then applying would be nice, rather than having to go scrolling through the list each time.

photo

Hi Lex,

I hope all is well,

Let me check the progress of this for you, i'll get back to you asap.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Lex,

Apologies for the delay in responding... I have since had some feedback on this and unfortunately we have not made any progress with this.

Why?

As it stands we are currently looking at a complete rewrite of how the browse works within Yellowfin, thus giving us a more flexible and faster content searching option going forward.

Because of this Lex, we have no plans to progress with such feature in the future. Let me know your thoughts on this, i'd be happy to raise them with the wider team.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Morning chap,

You'll be unsurprised to hear that I'm not particularly impressed with being fobbed off with the same answer from 2 years ago, especially for enhancements that wouldn't take more than a minute to apply. I'd rather not wait another 2 years for nothing to change before reopening this request again.

Complexity of implementation vs the significant improvement to the UX its availability would make is tilted heavily towards the latter, even while you look at the complete rewrite, just imagine if it had been taken seriously 2 years ago :)

photo

Hi Lex,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I have made the wider team aware of the frustrations around this.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file