Ability to name separate visualizations within the same report

Andrew Clauson shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

It would be nice if we had the ability to name separate visualizations within the same report.

For instance, multiple charts across different metrics built within the same report (done this way for simplicity of maintenance, similarity of report objectives, etc.) might look very similar to one another.

When adding such charts to the dashboard, the captions "chart 1", "chart 2", etc. aren't meaningful, and the thumbnails might not be enough to determine which chart is which.

I've attached a screenshot of what I mean.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

May I ask what version of YF 9 you're on? I just tested in 9.5 and had some results that look different than I remember -

99c08ead150eced008a075337a74f3cc

These charts had labels! Where I remembered generic or non-descriptive labels like you show.

I saw these defined as "Chart Name" on the report canvas -

69a58da88c1fb01586127b738708b548

So in 9.5, this looks like it's possible! As long as the charts are defined with a Chart Name on a multi-chart canvas report... maybe this is not your situation, and we need to add this "chart name" parameter for different report styles like co-displays? We might have to make a special task to look into a certain variable in this case.

photo

Hi Eric,

I’m running 9.5.

Andrew

Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 2:54 PM

To: Andrew Clauson <andrew@profinancial.bc.ca>

Subject: New Comment in "Ability to name separate visualizations within the same report"

photo

Hi ANdrew,

Thanks for the reply. I realized I misspoke earlier and was re-testing; this value looks to be controlled by the "chart title" option on the Chart Builder page -

d4d27f9ffa8d97106ae607a816cea3bb

2524c3faa719b37ca08b751b2a9ea383

Perhaps this is what you're looking for?

photo

Beauty, that’ll do it. Thanks Eric.

Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 3:18 PM

To: Andrew Clauson <andrew@profinancial.bc.ca>

Subject: New Comment in "Ability to name separate visualizations within the same report"

photo

Great to hear, Andrew!

I'll go ahead mark this ticket as Completed at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file