facebook connector data

Lawrence Brown shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

I've recently downloaded the facebook connector and pre-build content.

It all has created successfully except that the data available doesn't seem to go back further that 3 months even thought I put 24 in the data source setup.

Is there something else I should be doing or an upper limit for previous months.

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence

Best Answer
photo

Hi Lawrence,

at first this one had us puzzled but after some trials and tribulations we found that if you set the Data Source field called "Number Of Months For Data Retrieval" to be 12 months it works correctly and you see 12 months of data. But if you set it to anything greater than one year then fb defaults to 3 months. This must be a fb policy and I suppose it is stated somewhere in fb, although so far we haven't been able to find it, maybe you'll have more luck!

regards,

David

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Lawrence,

at first this one had us puzzled but after some trials and tribulations we found that if you set the Data Source field called "Number Of Months For Data Retrieval" to be 12 months it works correctly and you see 12 months of data. But if you set it to anything greater than one year then fb defaults to 3 months. This must be a fb policy and I suppose it is stated somewhere in fb, although so far we haven't been able to find it, maybe you'll have more luck!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the clarification, makes sense now.

I think I'll just leave it at the 12 months, hard to keep up with fb policies!

Lawrence

photo

no worries Lawrence....and in fact, thank you for the question as we have now learned something new to pass onto other clients!

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file