Text/Parameter Replacement in dashboards (version 9)

Zack Wilson shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

For Dashboards in version 9, is it possible to display dynamic data using the text widgets (i.e. [filter:1] )? Or is there any other way to grab data to display in the dashboard?

I was going to try to use javascript... but I don't know what holds the data.

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Zack,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question.

I had my content creation wizard Justin help out with some testing, and it appears as though the dynamic widget works on the report canvas, but not the dashboard canvas-

Outside box - dashboard canvas widget

inside box - report canvas widget

295ea76c665d1ef7c92d4ee1614dbfa0

So you should be able to "workaround the current behavior by using a report canvas, and dragging that report onto the dashboard.

I have a feeling this is a work in progress and hopefully will be working in a nearby upcoming version, would you like me to make sure developers are still working on this, and add you as an affected client to the dev task?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

Yes, please!! Thank you!

-Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

I've gone ahead and created a developer task to look into this specific behavior. Updates to the task will be provided here as they are available. I will in turn mark this ticket as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with any related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thank you!

photo
photo

Eric,

I noticed the "Text Replacement" widget (that Nathan used in the Code Mode Webinar) is not in v 9.2... is there a way to get the code to add as a widget?

-Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

I touched base with Nathan about this -

9c5f4577d2e278149f85b8769421e9b2

So it sounds he should have something for you soon, and you are welcome to reach out to him in regards to this. Does that sound like a plan?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Zack,

Just wanted to check in to see if you were able to get what you needed from Nathan on this?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Eric,

I have not received information regarding this issue. He was working on another issue I was having and I haven't asked him about it.

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Thanks for the update, Zack,

In this case I'll keep this ticket status marked as Idea Logged for now. Will keep you updated with any development news here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Is there any update on this?

Can we use text replacement on Present?

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hi Lebo,

This is currently in the backlog as there is a workaround at the report level and possibly code mode, however I can add you as an affected client if you'd like, and you can also "like" and subscribe to this post for increased visibility.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file