Distribute via Web Services

EDW Support shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi

One of the Distribution options when saving a report is Web Services. Please could you provide some information on how this would be used.

Thanks

Wendy

Replies (9)

photo

Hey Wendy,

I hope you are well!

Here is a link to the wiki that gives more details about the Distribution tab while saving a report

And here is another link to the wiki that explains what this is used for and you can find more information & examples by clicking the links in the wiki

I believe the Distribution would fall under the category > Functional Report services > Miscellaneous > (found in the second link above)

Let me know if this helps or not, or if after reading the above links, you have any further questions!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thanks Lesley

All OK thank you.

It's not general Distribution rather the Web Services part. I have passed the information on but will get back to you if there are any further questions.

Thanks

Wendy

photo

Hey Wendy,

No worries, Yes please do let me know if you have further questions - I will be happy to help :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Wendy,

I hope you have been well & having a lovely week so far!

I just wanted to check in to see if you had any further questions?

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley

We have confirmed that the web services option is not something we will provide to our customers as they would need an admin logon which would give them access to all of our customers.

I've had a look but can't see a way to turn this option off so it is not available when publishing a report?

Thanks

Wendy

photo

Hey Wendy,

I hope you are well!

As long as the option for web services is not enabled in the role permissions, I do not believe they will be able to use this function.

Here is a screenshot of my role permissions with the web services enabled, for reference -

8e1bb82ba0256de5b779ff29349146ea

I hope this helps :)

Let me know if you have any further questions

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Wendy,

I hope you are well and having a lovely week so far!

Just wanted to check in to see if my last response answered your question?

And if you had any further questions :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Wendy,

I hope you are well & having a lovely week so far!

I just wanted to let you know, as I have not had a response to my previous replies, I will be marking this ticket as close due to inactivity.

However! If you do have any further questions, OR if my previous reply did not help - Please let me know and I will be happy to continue helping :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thanks for your help Lesley

regards

Wendy

Leave a Comment

Attach a file