Content Settings - export

Ole H shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hi,

We have made a few changes in the content settings (report and charts settings) which we would like to move to one environment to another. Is there a way of replicating the changes made in one environment into another without punching them in again?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Ole,

Thanks for contacting Yellowfin!

When you say you want to move from one environment to another, are you intending a Yellowfin upgrade or are you moving the config database, or both?

By that I mean, if you are simply installing the application elsewhere, if it's the same version then you can connect to the same database. Or if you are just moving the database, you can back it up and restore it and then reconnect your Yellowfin instance to the same database.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

We are using Yellowfin in short lived demonstrations where we create new environments (db and yf servers). It would be great If there is a way of scripting the default report and chart settings which we can include into a new fresh instance. As we do now we manually change the default setting every time we create a new instance.

Regards

Ole

photo

Hi Ole,

There's a couple of routes you could take however we don't have full documentation on how they would be implemented:

You could in theory set up your instance of Yellowfin how you like it and then use a Docker file to quickly deploy new environments for testing and demonstration. Click here for more information on our Docker files.

There's also the REST API, which has a web service for getting and updating system configuration options, see our REST API dev wiki here) . You could then write a file that includes all those updates to be run in one go.

Let me know if that helps answer your question.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Ole,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks, I will check it out!

photo

No worries, I'll mark this as resolved for now!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file