Add Timestamp to Limit Schedule Period in Broadcast

Kalaiselvan shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

We are in testing YF 9.4.0 to upgrade from current version, in broadcast we found some issue, relates to 'Limit Schedule Period' broadcast. I have set the report broadcast to schedule from 23rd to 25th Feb, but when i check the broadcast in report it shows next schedule on 26th Feb. Attached screenshot for your reference.

Please check and advise.

Regards,Kalaiselvan

broadcast a radio or television show More (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)

Replies (22)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for reaching out. This has been reported previously, however, this was supposed to be fixed as of 9.0. I'm testing now in 9.4. You can't limit the schedule period to a single day, so I have the limit period ending tomorrow. As such, I won't know until Monday whether the Broadcast continued triggering on Sat-Mon or not, but I will let you know what I find.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I was not able to replicate this. My Broadcast only ran the two days specified (and an additional test run):

/fd5c88f442d7b876998db17e8c5b8d80

And doesn't show a next run date. I'm wondering if there's maybe a mismatch in Timezone's. Has the Broadcast continued to go out past the 26th? Basically, it should have run 3 times. If you click 'History' in Schedule Management, how many runs do you see?

Also, please let me know what the EndDate shows up as for the corresponding Broadcast in the ReportBroadcast table, so we can see if the value is being inserted there correctly. In my case, you can see the result syncs up with my specified Broadcast Schedule Period:

/9e6ef97b0275bdb14f6b2d2bb57957da

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I have checked the report broadcast in UI and it seems that broadcast is removed after the limited period as per the end date. Also I checked the history of the schedule, it ran 3 time as per the set up.

It seems 'Limited Schedule Period' option is working fine, except the notificaion of next broadcast date. Let me try one more time and see how it goes.

/bfb4a20a56c8f4b27ba76b081d09fd24

Regards,

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sounds good. Please let me know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Completed since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I was on vacation last week, so I couldn't reply to you.

Yes, I checked the broadcast. As mentioned earlier, broadcast is deleted once the limited period is expired. However, it shows the next broadcast info on the last date.

As in below screenshot, broadcast set till 05th Mar, but next schedule shows as 06th Mar.

Is there anything that we can fix/change to stop the display of this next schedule?

/7d7f7363935dd837c1829a69fae27a74

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for your response. To clarify, this report right now is showing next scheduled run 6/3/2021 despite the Broadcast running 3 times successfully between 3/3/21 and 5/321 as expected, correct? In other words, there is a UI error indicating there's a next run, but the schedule did and is working as expected, correct? I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Yes, you are correct. The broadcast ran successfully 3 times/days as per the set up and it got removed after the date is expired. As you mentioned, it's error in UI that indicates the message for next run.

FYI - above screenshot was taken on 05th Mar.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for your response. At the time this was taken had the schedule already ran twice or all three times? This is important to know because it’s possible there’s a mismatch between the broadcasts time zone and the user time zone. In other words the user will see the next run for them according to their time, but broadcast times are based on the data sources time zone. So I suspect this relates to time zone and not any kind of error per se. If you look at the schedule after the 6th for your user, or even now, does it still say next run is scheduled on the 6th?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Yes, screenshot taken after the three runs of the broadcast. Broadcast was set to schedule 1 pm CET, and database timezone also CET, I have taken the screenshot around 5pm CET. I can't check it now, since the broadcast was removed on next day of the end date.

It's not potential impact to business, however the display leads misinformation when we looking the broadcast setup. Let me know your thought on this.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for your response. Based on where the different Time Zone settings lie, I'm afraid it's simply going to be the case that the schedule value a user will see in the Schedule Management page follows the user profile region time zone settings, which may or may not differ from the actual Broadcast time, whose time zone is based on the Data Source's Time Zone settings.

If you want 1:1 parity between what you see in the Schedule Management and your local time, you'll need to either change the Broadcast time zone to match your user profiles' setting, or change your User Profile time zone settings to match the already-existing Broadcast timezone setting.

I hope this makes sense, but please let me know your thoughts and whether you have any additional questions or concerns on this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your clarification. I checked in both settings, seems different (GMT 0.00 and GMT +1.00). I am updating both setting to match and set new broadcast with same timezone. I will keep you update on the status.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Great, sounds good. Please do!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I tested this limited schedule broadcast as mentioned above. It's still the same. I assume that the limited schedule is considering only the dates not the time that we set for broadcast. The broadcast is getting deleted after the due date.

I checked in schedule management, broadcast ran 5 times as per the setup.

Could you please check and confirm, is this the excepted design or can it be include time also for the limited schedule.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for your response. Are you referring to the next scheduled value from the Broadcast tab in the report?

/986104057e372e3fc1d68dec4736da5f

/b67c1bc6407cabdfa618e96cc7f4fa2d

If so, then yes, it just shows the date not the time. If you want to see date and time, you can check the same Broadcast in the Schedule Management page under Admin > Schedule Management.

To use my example above, that looks like this in that location:

/b12daf0cdeddd288ac67650c686732c8

Which as you can see, also shows the Timestamp.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I was referring, the next schedule shows as 30th Mar even though I set the limit till 29th Mar. I am thinking it's because of the timestamp.

If the limit schedule is included with timestamp then the next schedule will not show after the specific date & time as per the setup.

Eg, if we set up the limit broacast till 29th Mar 3pm CET, i would expect broadcast will be deleted after this time on 29th Mar instead deleting the broadcast on 30th Mar.

Hope this explains my understanding.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

We should be able to tell this by looking at what's in the Schedule Management page vs. what's in the Broadcast configuration tab itself, since the Schedule Management section shows the timestamp. What do you see there?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

It seems my comment was not clear. What I am expecting to integrate the time in to limit schedule period option.

Expected setup:

Eg : Limit Schedule Period

From - 01-Apr-2021 00:00:00

To - 05-Apr-2021 14:30:00

If we have set up like above, that would have prevent the ‘Next schedule’ message on broadcast window and broadcast should be deleted after 14:30 on 5th Apr itself.

Currently, the broadcast set up is considering only the dates from the limit schedule period irrespective the of time set up for broadcast:

Eg: with the above example, now the broadcast will be deleted on 6th Apr even though the schedule till 05th Apr 14:30.

Hope this explains the expectation. Please let me know, if you need any further details to understand or we can have quick call to discuss.

Thanks,

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I see what you're saying now. Basically, what you're looking for is to have the ability to set the time, in addition to the date, for the Limit Schedule Period. In your example though, the schedule period really does end at 14:30 (i.e., it doesn't send anymore Broadcasts), it's just that it doesn't remove the 'Next schedule' message, until the day itself is over.

I'm not sure how likely it would be for this to be addressed by the dev team, but I can convert this to an Idea item and submit an internal enhancement request to see if this would be selected by the Product team for potential enhancement. Please let me know if you'd like me to go ahead and do that.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. I am actually expecting the next schedule information aligned with the set up of limited schedule period.

Yes, please check with Dev team and make it as an idea if it's really will help to the end user by referring the broadcast set up window.

thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Sure. I've gone ahead and gone and converted this to an Idea item and submitted an internal enhancement request.

Any potential updates surrounding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file