Labels on Line Chart

Karthick shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

Can we have an option to display labels on line charts.

At the moment we only have tooltips as an option to see points on the line.

Replies (14)

photo

This has been raised with the dev team and any updates will be posted here.

photo

Hi David,

Any update on this point, i too want the same kind of result, find the attached file for your reference.

photo

Hi,

It would be also nice to display labels on area charts.

Thank you.

photo

Hi,

Thanks for the additional feeback. Though unfortunately at this point in time there are no updates to this actual dev task.

However, it's worth pointing out that with the addition on 7.3+ we now support Javascript Charts. This gives you full chart creation options, though it does require actual coding. Yellowfin will then read your code and display the chart you created.

Thanks,

David

photo

+1 for this feature to be added!

photo

Hi David,

I would like to know updates on this point. If this feature is provide in 7.4 version, Please let us know the option for that. You told that we can achieve by using JavaScript charts, but writing code for every charts is difficult to people who don't know JavaScript coding. So kindly provide option to display labels on line chart.

Thank you.

photo

Hi Leela,

Unfortunately there is still no movement on this task.

If we get more of a demand for this we can bump up the priority.

I understand JS charts do take a bit of works, it's just the only way to get labels on line charts right now.

What I've done in the past is use a multi-chart and actually type the label , then drag it onto the relevant line.

It's only when the line axis changes quite often that it's a problem, as the labels won't line up correctly.

Sorry for the bad news on this and appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Yellowfin Team,

Thank you for your quick response, Labels on Line chart is a bit important requirement for our client, As they were using some other BI tools and comparing that with our yellow fin.

Kindly request you to consider this as a High Priority Ticket and Resolve it as earlier as possible, Also its a ticket raised 8 months ago and waiting for your resolution.

Thanks and Regards

Sairam.K

photo

Hi Yellowfin Team,

Any Updates on these Issue Reported. Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Sairam.K

photo

Hi Sairam,

As mentioned last week, still no movement on this enhancement.

At this point in time it has yet to be planned.

Until such a feature is fully supported, you will need to use an alternative such as multi-charts or even JS charts.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi David,

I would like to underline the demand for this enhancement request. A lot of our end users e.g. from our controlling department are looking for the possibility to activate chart labels on line charts in order to implement Best Practices (IBCS rules https://www.hichert.com/ibcs/):

EX-1

Because the original enhancement request is from November 2010 (TASK ID = 112739)...

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-chart-labels-thread-100221

... I really would appreciate if you could increase the priority of this request.

Thank you so much for your support!

Kind regards,

Sebastian

photo

Hi Guys,

Got some good news on this.

The task is currently with the dev team, and planned to be included in the next release or two for 7.3 & 7.4 (unsure exact which exact release as yet).

I'll let you know once it has been published, though it's looking like this would be in the next month or two...at this point in time.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that it's currently being worked on :)

Thanks for all the feedback!

Regards,

David

photo

Layered columns too? Maybe? :)

photo

One thing at a time Larry ;)

photo
photo

Ok this is now done and will be included in the upcoming 7.3 & 7.4 releases (due in the next week or two from now)

Below is how it all looks with the button for formatting the labels.

a58f1104a87ca0370c12680c418b1dfd

If you have any questions on this post update, please let us know.

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Great news. Thank you!

photo

Perfect :)

photo

THANK YOU!!!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file